Since the extension of national lockdown by President Cyril Ramaphosa, there has been an on-going non-adherence to lockdown rules by the most of the people residing in Kwaggafontein. On daily basis scores of people flock to Kwagga Mall to buy groceries, standing on a long queues without keeping the appropriate physical distance.
Despite the call and warnings by the Minister of Police Bheki Cele that those who will be caught breaking the law will be arrested, it seems like the message has only reach the few.
The Kwagga Police have not been seen to be vigilant to restore order in these areas. Social distance is still a major challenge in most shopping malls such as Kwagga Mall, Phola Mall, Siyabuswa Mall and KwaMhlanga complex.
Below is the summary of Lockdown rules:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes
- Practise respiratory hygiene
- If you have fever, cough or difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
- Stay informed and follow advise given by your health care provider